About Quartz Financial
Quartz Financial is a comprehensive wealth management firm. Our professionals specialize in family office services, investment management, financial planning, risk management, and estate planning for families with sudden wealth and generational wealth.
Message from our Founders
In your search for a financial firm, you may get the feeling that they are all the same. In Quartz Financial, you have found a unique firm, one that operates differently than most wealth management firms you may know.
Placing Exclusivity Above Quantity
We welcome a limited number of new clients each year. Our investment minimum for new clients is $2 million, and while each client situation is unique, our clients share in the common desire of working with a firm that functions as their private family office delivering experienced and objective advice.
It is important that prospective clients have both a need and readiness for comprehensive services and guidance, and whom we believe can benefit from the level of service we provide. We work closely with each client to develop a long-term partnership that will help them discover and pursue their financial, life, and legacy goals.
Our clients have already attained wealth or are preparing for a significant financial windfall through an array of unique life events.
Simple and Competitive Fees
“Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”
- We charge a single fee based on the total value of all family managed accounts.
- We do not charge ‘add-on’ fees for wealth or financial planning.
- We pay all trading fees on behalf of our clients.
- Our fees are competitive with firms that only manage investments.
- We have never raised fees, but we routinely look to lower fees for our clients.
Proactive Communication and Availability
We always ask prospective clients what experiences they have, or have had, with previous advisory relationships. Surprisingly, one of the most common responses we hear is a lack of communication from their previous advisor. We believe proactive communication and availability are keys to a successful, long-term professional relationship.
How do we accomplish this?
- We take the responsibility to proactively schedule, plan, and coordinate these important meetings.
- We provide a unique email address for clients to communicate with their entire advisory and service team.
- We respond to our clients night and day.
- We are involved with all things financial for our client families.
- We are 100% committed to keeping our clients’ needs and issues top of mind.
- We judge our success by the length and growth of existing client relationships.
Clearing, Custody, and Compliance
A Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer is a company that a registered investment professional is required to affiliate with in order to buy and sell investment products on behalf of investors. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) delegates the supervision of financial advisors to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). FINRA, in turn, requires firms to choose a broker/dealer to partner with on behalf of their clients. We utilize LPL Financial, as our clearing, custody, technology, compliance, and service provider. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer*, LPL provides us with integrated technology, independent research, comprehensive clearing and compliance services.
- Over 4,200 employees in Boston, Fort Mill, and San Diego to support us for our clients’ investment needs.
- $628 billion in advisory and brokerage assets**.
- LPL does not offer proprietary investment products, nor engage in investment banking activities.
LPL Financial is a member firm of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Membership provides account protection up to a maximum of $500,000 per client, of which $250,000 may be claims for cash. For an explanatory brochure, please visit www.sipc.org. Through London Insurers, LPL Financial accounts have additional securities protection to cover the net equity of client accounts up to an overall aggregate firm limit of $600 million, subject to conditions and limitations. London Insurers rely on SIPC to determine the extent of losses incurred by individual LPL account holders. This additional protection covers losses above limits available from SIPC and would be payable up to a total of $600 million.
The account protection applies when a SIPC member firm fails financially and is unable to meet its obligations to securities clients, but it does not protect against losses from the rise and fall in the market value of investments. This extensive coverage reflects a strong commitment to serving your investment needs. This extensive coverage reflects a strong commitment to serving your investment needs.
*As reported in Financial Planning magazine June 1996-2018, based on total revenues.
**As of 12-31-2018